Why choose a professional pet sitter to care for my pets?
Most pets, especially cats and dogs, like routine. Using the services of a professional pet sitter will enable your pets to keep their normal eating, playtime, exercise, and sleep routines.
- When your pet stays in his own home, he won't be stressed from being transported to a strange place.
- If your dog is going to stay at Auntie Cathy's it is a cage/kennel free environment. Careful measures are taken such as the complimentary initial "meet & greet" interview where your pet gets to know Auntie Cathy. Then there is a complimentary "day care" visit to Auntie Cathy's home where your pet gets to know her home environment for a few hours. All this is done prior to the initial overnight visits so that your dog is stress free in their home away from home. Transportation for the "day care" is complimentary.
- You can elect to have your pet stay in his own home where he is most comfortable, with the sights, sounds, and smells to which he is accustomed, we will stay overnight with your pet(s).
- If your pet is on medication, or other medical treatment, your pet sitter will be able to keep him on his regular schedule.
- Your pet will not be exposed to illnesses that may be contracted at a kennel.
- Having a pet sitter come to your home also works as a crime deterrent. Most pet sitters will bring in the mail, turn lights off/on, open/close draperies, etc. to help give your home a lived in look. And, in the event of an emergency, they will be able to contact you immediately rather than you coming home to find a problem with your home.
- You won't have to inconvenience family or friends. While they may mean well, and intend to give excellent care, sometimes they may fall short of your expectations. When you hire a professional pet sitter, it creates a businesses relationship with clear expectations for you and your pet sitter.
- Many pet sitters further their education and continue to improve their skills in order to give your pets the best care possible (first aid training, pet CPR, pet behavior seminars, etc.).
- Your pet will get consistent and personalized care from one person who knows your pet well. Most pet sitters will become quite fond of your pets and will give them excellent care!
- It's more convenient for you. You won't have to carve time out of your busy schedule to drop off or pick up your pet from a kennel. If your dog elects to stay over at Auntie Cathy's transportation is provided at no extra charge to you.
- Whether we stay at your house or your pet stays with us your pet will be home, waiting at the door to greet you when you come home!